a couple days ago my potted zeus hop plant seemed to be ready for harvest.
- the cones on the plant looked like they were ready to go. like the vojvodina cones, they were light to the touch and contained some lupulin:
- the hop vine was nowhere as prolific as the vojvodina, but it still reached my second story window. after cutting down the vine, I brought it inside to do some picking.
- when all was said and done, I had a little over 4 ounces of wet hops (vs. over 12oz for the vojvodina!). not amazing, but not bad for a little late hop addition.
- instead of using these wet/fresh, I laid them out on a screen where they have been drying for the last couple of days with a small fan on them. since they have been drying in a somewhat cool environment inside, I am going to let them go for another couple days before bagging and freezing them.
- I planted the zeus for their very high alpha acid (AA) content, and I can already tell the difference between this batch and my last harvest. I had to wash my hands multiple times while picking because they kept sticking together from all the lupulin!