this last weekend was full of destinations, both old and new.
- AP and I met up with NB and PB over at anchor and hope down in SOMA. I remember beer and nosh reviewing this place a while back.
- the food was good, and the beers were even better. the jug shop developed the beer list, which was pretty deep and had some good choices. the staff was friendly and pretty knowledgeable about their brews, especially one dude who was sent over after we picked up a bottle of allagash‘s curieux for the table.
- we hit up a wide variety of beers – I started with drake’s 1500 on the hand pump and finished with a (very generous) pour of valley brewing’s old inventory barleywine.
- the next day AP and I trekked up to santa rosa, where we made an obligatory stop at russian river brewing for overflowing pours of temptation, consecration, and supplication.
- another mandatory destination was the bottle barn, where we scored more than a few good brews at great prices. why pay $25 for a russian river bomber at the brewpub when you can get em here for $18.99? I love that place.
- after checking out a lackluster chinese new year parade in chinatown with AF, we all rolled over to rogue for a nightcap – I chose a pint of john john, which was pretty great and will be reviewed in the future once I crack open a bomber of it for a second opinion.