week[end] in review 03/09-03/14
ok, so this weekend in review is more like a week in review since AP and I met up with CB, JVG, AF, DH, and JC at la trappe on tuesday.
- although their prices made la trappe more of a special occasion destination during these recession days, their beer list was thorough (as always) and I had to resist getting some fries and mussels.
- I couldn’t resist the drie fonteinen geuze though – what an amazing, complex beverage. picked up another bottle of it at bottle barn recently for under $15 – I can’t think of a better beer at that price point.
- later that week I dropped by CB’s to sample some of his latest brews and see how my steam/common was doing.
- CB said it had cleared up, and after a quick pour I was happy to confirm. what can I say, it is damn tasty.
- the weekend led AP and I down to LA, where we rolled over to naja’s with AP for some fish tacos, great beers (hop 15, pliny, old chub, etc.), friendly staff, and fantastic weather.
- and on a side note, I learned a thing or two this weekend, compliments of the mad fermentationist (luckily, one of the ‘things’ was not the belgium/belgian issue).