More specifically, I guess I went to Father’s Office Santa Monica, since there is now another (evidently bigger) one a little ways away. A few years back, FO surprised me with some great beers and burgers, as well as an enormous crowd. Well, the place didn’t disappoint in any of those areas on Saturday.
- I forgot that you order both food and beers at the bar, so have a friend claim a table (if there are any left) while you order up.
- this place is both small and popular, so try to come at an off hour. i came with some friends at 3ish on a Saturday and my buddy grabbed the last table in the joint. also, parking is a pain in the ass during the week, FYI.
- evidently, the bartenders pride themselves on beer recommendations. One of them recommended a tripel to my buddy after he told her he liked his first pint of new belgium’s dandelion beer. I found the recommendation odd at first but now i guess it was accurate enough.
- I started off with RR’s perdition. Pretty decent, I’m not really a biere de garde fan but i figured i would give it a shot. One BA review of this beer i relate with: “Like I can turn down a RR tap I haven’t had yet?… Those RR guys make very good beers, and really craft them. This was certainly not one of my favorites, but it’s still very well-made” (callmescraps).
- I finished off with stone’s 13th anniversary. I LOVE this beer, it’s the quintessential “california beer” to me. they should do like sublimely self-righteous and make it seasonal instead of a one-time deal. time to stock up at bevmo in case that never happens.