this last weekend was packed with some brew-related activities.
- on saturday I kegged the alt. I took a sample and it tasted pretty damn good, but I forgot to get a final gravity reading. will have to remember to grab it when the keg is tapped.
- on saturday night AP and I unveiled a metric shitton of smoked 2-2-1 pork ribs (this time I took some pics). to celebrate I cracked open a couple beers with a summer feel – the collaborative saison du buff and victory’s wild devil.
- saison du buff was good, but I could have easily gone with a 2-3oz taster instead of a full pour. it was definitely an interesting spin on a saison, and had some medicinal notes but had a cleaner finish than, say, a gruit.
- victory’s wild devil was great – it was an awesome blend of bretty funk with a clean bitter pale ale finish, and went well with the smoky ribs.
- on sunday AP and I ventured over to alpine village for their swap meet and beer hall. I’ve been heading out here ever since I was a kid, but I never fully appreciated this place until recently. suffice it to say that the spot is awesome and will be reviewed in greater depth soon.
- AP and I shared a dunkel and an alt after an afternoon of flea digging, where I managed to scoop up a pretty neat piece of breweriana for some pocket change.
- after cleaning it up and tightening the bulb, the sign didn’t look half bad, and it was a neat tribute to an SF beer of the past.
- also, on the hop front – the cascade is topping 6 feet and is still climbing, and the mt hood is in close pursuit. gotta get the second year plants going though…